Posted by Let's Talk About ... | Posted on 06-02-2011 | comments: 0| Posted in
On one hand, we can call India one of the most amazing and colorful countries in the world. There are so many interesting things to see and experience, some of them are: marvelous landscapes, cosmopolitan cities, spiritual cultures, inspiring history, fascinating attractions, different people, magnificent buildings, lovely ancient places and beautiful nature. Hence, here is a list with some curios info about India:
1. With a population over 1 billion people, India is the second most populous country on Earth and it is over 30% the measure of the United States of America.
2. Every 12 years, followers of Hinduism celebrate the Kumbh Mela or also known as Grand Pitcher Festival, which is a huge religious feast day. The last one was visited by over 60 million people, as a result it broke the world record for the biggest gathering.
3. You cannot take rupees (Indian currency) out of the country, because it is illegal.
4. Cow is one of the India’s sacred animals and it is a symbol of a good fortune.
5. The Sanskrit “chaturanga” that means “four members of an army” is the first word for chess and India is the mother of that unique world famous mental game.
On the other, we can call Pakistan or also known as the Islamic Republic of Pakistan one really interesting country with fascinating history. If you have the opportunity to go there, you will be stunned by its varied beautiful nature that includes numerous untouched forests and many rare types of trees. So, let me give you some information about that land of beauty, I think you could find quite interesting.
1. Balochi, Pashto, Sindhi, Siraiki, Punjabi and Pershian are some of the languages you could hear to be spoken in Pakistan. However, an interesting fact is that Urdu is the national language of the country, although the main and official one is English.
2. Also, there are many ethic groups in Pakistan. Some of them are: Pundjabi, Sindhi, Baloch, etc.
3. On 14th August Pakistan celebrates its Independence day.
4. Pakistan has the sixth largest population in the world.
5. In Pakistan is placed the second-highest mountain on Earth – K2.